GPM PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
“WE TREAT EACH OF OUR CONDOMINIUMS WITH THE SAME HIGH QUALITY SERVICE REGARDLESS
OF THE COMPLEX”
General Property Management (GPM) was established in 1971 to meet the rising need for a new approach to property management.
Today, we manage and service over 70 highrise condominium buildings and townhouse complexes throughout the Greater Toronto Area. For over the last 45 years we have been meeting this industry's constantly changing needs by continuously investing in operational efficiency systems, and, more importantly, in people.
GPM manages condominiums which range from 10 units to more than 700 units; varying in age, location, demographic make up and amenities. A number of our managed properties have been part of the company portfolio for more than 25 years.
We, at GPM, believe that the key element in being successful in the management field is the management's ability to understand and appreciate the integrated objectives of the owners, the residents, and the Board of Directors.
GPM's management team possesses the necessary attributes and commitment required to successfully integrate all these (sometimes diverse) objectives.
We succeed by providing effective administration of residents requests and services, effective property maintenance, effective project management for building improvements, and, above all, effective budgetary control.
• Preparation of a monthly management report, including inspections; presented to the Board in advance of the Board meeting.
• Preparation and monthly monitoring of a maintenance schedule tailored to the needs of your site and its equipment.
• Preparation of tailored work schedules for on-site corporation staff and regular review of work performance as a result of inspections by the property manager.
• 24 hour emergency service seven days a week including weekends and all holidays.
• A focus on encouraging communication with all residents through timely return of telephone calls, emails, regular open meetings, contributions to newsletters, and general correspondence.
• Keeping abreast of new and innovative alternatives aimed at improving overall general lifestyles in your home and maintenance costs.
GPM’s finance department examines all operating costs, including contracts, past repairs and general economic indicators, to ensure that they are in line with the Corporation’s budgetary requirements.
Communication is central to the finance department’s method of working with GPM’s clients.
Management and head office administration make themselves available to Boards to discuss the rationale for all financial matters and to assist in dealing with unique financial situations.
We constantly examine existing contracts to determine if rates are fair and competitive, and will make requests for competitive bids for all possible services.
• Monthly preparation of a comprehensive set of financial statements, notes and various source documents for review by the Treasurer and Board of Directors.
• Preparation of annual budget 60 days before the end of the fiscal year for review by the Board of Directors.
• Structured collection procedures and payment options to improve timely collection of monthly fees.
• Review of all invoices and payments to ensure discounts are taken and penalties avoided.
• Direct deposit payroll payments to all corporation staff.
• Executive GPM review of monthly financial statements and annual first draft budgets.
• Use of established contracts, forms and procedures for a cost effective and efficient management of the site.
• Benefit of negotiated bulk banking rates and returns, natural gas purchases and electricity purchases.
• Established procedures, checklists and guidelines for the preparation and running of general meetings.
• Experience with the enforcement of rules and regulations.
• Preparation of status certificates with the option of expedited service delivery.
For any inquiries, questions or recommendations, please call (905) 669-0222 or fill out the following form:
242 Applewood Crescent, Unit 5
Concord, ON L4K 4E5
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Phone: (905) 669-0222
Fax: (905) 669-0228